Re: [WriteLog] RTTY problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY problem
From: Frank Fallon <n2ff@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 00:41:34 +0000
Rob,

Sorry you are having problems but it sounds more like an MMTTY problem rather than a Writelog problem.

I am having a weird problem here and believe it is also an MMTTY rather than a Writelog problem. Everything is fine if I use the external keypad with the micro Keyer ii. I worked VP8GSI with that combo on RTTY and CW but when I attempt to send RTTY from the computer keyboard within Writelog I apparently am transmitting a distorted signal. As the external keypad with the MicroKeyer ii does not allow me to send call sign or contest numbers things get too cumbersome contesting.

This morning I went through the micro Keyer ii and Writelog set up and got only as far as page three, setting up the MIsc. tab in MMTTY. The TX Port is set for Sound and the other 2 choices are grayed out and I am unable to change them to COM-TXD (FSK) for the TX Port. So I am stuck there. Weird.

But at least I am inside and warm. It's going down to about 0 F tonight here on Long Island.

73 de Frank...N2FF.......