[WriteLog] WriteLog and Hygain YRC-1

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Hygain YRC-1
From: <jimlaporta@jlaporta.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:34:32 -0600
I recently bought a YRC-1 and it worked fine stand-alone for 29 days, then
the transformer shorted out and finally MFJ replaced transformer and
returned unit.

I tried to set the YRC-1 up with WriteLog Version 12.09F, September 2016
running on Windows 7 Professional with all current updates, NEVER 10 rule
here.  I used a standard A-B USB cable and the hardware address for the
configured port was COM5.  The PC sees the YRC-1 but I don't get any
connectivity via WriteLog. Tried all that I have been able to find to make
WriteLog interact with the YRC-1.

I challenged MFJ-HyGain and here is their response:

"Sorry, I could not install writelog on my computer. I did use it with Ham
Radio Deluxe.  Tom Stone AA5MT,
308 Industrial Park Rd, Starkville, MS 39759, For faster service call
662-323-9538 ext 232"

I cannot believe that the MFJ folks don't have WriteLog to test their "fine
equipment" no one in their right mind uses HRD for contesting, I sure won't.
Does anyone know how to make the YRC-1 work with WriteLog and actually have
it working?  I would like to know!

Jim, N1CC

Contesting and DX

http://www.jlaporta.com/N1CC