Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Hygain YRC-1

To: NSRC Group <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Hygain YRC-1
From: Mark Klocksin <mpklocksin@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 13:17:31 -0600
Jim, I understand the frustration you’re feeling, especially since the unit had
failed earlier when transformer shorted out earlier.  I’ve been in the same
position, where something that works with one program doesn’t work with
another.  I hope this turns out to be an easy fix for you.

It’s possible something is wrong with your unit.  However, from what you’ve
told us, I think it’s unfair to blame MFJ at this point.  It isn’t MFJ’s
responsibility to make sure their gear works with every logging program.  It’s
their responsibility to be sure it works with one or more generally-accepted
standards, and to publish the standard(s) it’s compatible with.  It’s actually
the buyer’s responsibility to do the research to see that all the software he’s
using follows compatible formats.  And assuming MFJ's correct that the
controller works properly with HRD, then the issue in this case points to
either lack of support (or a bug) in WriteLog, or setup/operator error.  Or
possibly a Windows or USB adapter issue.  I think you’ll need to do some
troubleshooting.  You may want to try testing this with some other program,
such as DXLabs or N1MM+.   Or perhaps someone else will come forward with a
fix.

73 and good luck,

Mark WA9IVH