Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Hygain YRC-1

To: Mark Klocksin <mpklocksin@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Hygain YRC-1
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 12:16:19 -0400
Jim

Initially i was't even sure what the heck a YRC-1 was. Anyway it is
supposed to emulate a DCU-1. I am assuming that you have set it up corectly
within writelog. To do that you will need to go to setup menu. Choose
Ports. Then select the Rotator Control Tab. Two options - if you are using
just one then it's the first option  - enter com5 here and the rotator type
is DCU-1.

If you are already seeing the rotor and its port in windows I can see no
reason why it shouldn't come up assuming you've followed these steps.

If these stps do not work you would have to find some way of isolating
whether it is a writelog problem or a problem with the hardware/software of
the YRC-1 - which might be running a different computer and/or running
another YRC-1 or similar controller.

Troubleshooting these probs can be difficult because every bit of
information and its precision is critical to even understanding where the
likely cause of the problem is.

I know that writelog has supported rotators for many many years and the
DCU-1 protocol is a wel-established protocol. I have used rotator control
with the Yaesu protocol and it has worked with no problem. Most recently I
have been headed towards using a station-master for rotator control but
it's still on my to-do list.

Bottomline - WL is basically a mature programme and it supports the
protocol you're using. If that protocol or rotator control on a whole was
broken, I'm pretty sure it would have been flagged because many people seem
to use the feature. I'm therefore more inclined to look to the YRC-1 as
being potentially the problem.

Hope that helps.

Dean 8P6SH

*Dean St.Hill*