Re: [WriteLog] DockingPanes.reg ??

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] DockingPanes.reg ??
From: Ned Swartz <nosatisfaction@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 17:26:00 -0400
More Info

Apparently every time I open a contestname.wl file, a contestname-DockingPanes.reg file is written to my drive. These DockingPanes.reg files are ASCII files and appear to be created by Windows Registry Editor 5.00. They are about 80 KB in size.

From the file time stamps I've determined that this started on Sunday after NAQP when I did the File-Web Update Data Files. Something broke. My original version 12 install file is an iso for 12.09f. I am currently at ver 12.18F. I am considering to try an uninstall of WL and a reinstall, but in what order?

12.09 iso, then File-Web Update Data Files, then 12.18 update? Or, try to go back to an earlier update version? I suppose it is always possible that there is nothing busted in WriteLog but some Microsoft Update messed things up.

Ned K1GU