[Yaesu] opinion about FT-890 ?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] opinion about FT-890 ?
From: joentam@transend.com.tw (JOE and TAM BV/N0IAT)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 01:07:17 +0800 (CST)
Bill
I've had at least 40K DX qso's with my old FT890.  It is a super rig
considering features, cost, size, and dependability.  I'd buy another one
if I ever found one in like-new condition.

It has been with me through no less than 9 countries, performing
flawlessly at 100W output through each and every one.  I should add that
I'm about 95% CW op, and using the FT890 with the narrow 250 Hz CW filter
is a real improvement.  Also, heard that a collins crystal filter is
available for SSB that really helps to improve the audio.

Just my 2 cents on this fine little rig.    Only complaint is that the
display is tough to read in direct bright sunlight.  I used my table-top
almost exclusively, so it looks same as the FT1000 series rigs display
wise.

73,
Joe
BV/N0IAT  now in W0-land for some vacation time.
dit dit