[Yaesu] Kenpro KR-600RC rotator - now Yaesu GR600?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Kenpro KR-600RC rotator - now Yaesu GR600?
From: Duncan@genesys.demon.co.uk (Duncan Clark)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:37:09 +0000
Hi Folks,

I have the above Kenpro rotator identical I believe to the Yaesu GR600.

Mine is giving me problems with it's direction indicator on the control
box.

Problem one is that quite often the direction indicator continues to
turn anything up to 180 degrees either before or past where the rotataor
has actually stopped. Start transmitting and it will sometimes move to
it's correct position. Alternatively attempting to rotate a few degrees
in the opposite direction will again sometimes realign the pointer
correctly. This isn't a problem in daytime 'cos I can see the antenna
but in the dark it's a a real pain.

Problem two is that occasionally (in no wind at all) the needle
indicator will hunt a few degrees either side of it's correct position.

Connections appear fine at both the rotator and the controller end. New
cable has been installed and hasn't corrected the problem.

My feeling is that either the controller needs some adjustment or the
pot on the rotator is dodgy. There are no instructions on readjusting
the presets in the controller.

I'm open to suggestions.

Duncan
G4ELJ