[Yaesu] RX Antenna Jack (beverage antennas)

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RX Antenna Jack (beverage antennas)
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:28:09 -0400
Billy, AA4NU wrote:

> The KD9SV Front End Saver appeared in CQ Magazine, Feb 97,
> p. 32. It consists of 2 reed relays triggered by going to transmit.

For some reason I recall a post saying that the xYL of the SK
who was producing this has discontinued the unit. FAR still
lists the circuit board, so a HB unit could be done ...

73 Billy AA4NU

There was indeed such a post. It turns out, however, according
to my source (28 Jun 2000)
http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/200006/msg00059.html
that Sharon Lewis, XYL of SK Chuck Lewis still sells the boards.
Check with her. I bet she still has them. If not, FAR would be
a good source for the bare boards, and reed relays are plentiful
in surplus and easy to get hold of.
There is also one other link regarding these boards on my web
page:
http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page63.html
73, David K3KY

--