[Yaesu] RX Antenna Jack (beverage antennas)

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RX Antenna Jack (beverage antennas)
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:25:19 -0400
Tom, AE9B wrote:

1000 MP Owners  (Not MKV)

Can someone give me a little detail as to what the (RX in) and (RX
out)
jack are typically used for.
I have a beverage antenna recently installed and when I went to the
MP
Operating Manual for instructions.. which jack to connect to...found
description which leaves something to the imagination.
Also.. I was informed that this RX antenna is not protected and
could
cause front end overload..
Could someone elaborate on that?

I would like to hook up a typical beverage antenna without the
danger of
front end overload

Tom Baugh
AE9B

Hi, Tom-
The KD9SV Front End Saver appeared in CQ Magazine, Feb 97,
p. 32. It consists of 2 reed relays triggered by going to transmit.
One is in series with the rx-ant lead, and it opens. The other is
directly across the rx-ant input and ground, and it shorts.
Simple and works very well. Check my web page for a couple
of links- the boards are apparently still available. 73, David K3KY
http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page63.html

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu