[Yaesu] FT-1000MP failure

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP failure
From: oh7kd@bellsouth.net (Marko Markkanen)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:25:58 -0400
I found yersterday that my MP did not receive or transmit on 20m.
TX/RX is dead between 7.5-14.5 MHz... Immediately when I hear relay =
activate at those limits, RX works OK and TX works where it should work. =
TX relay activates. Sub receiver works properly. Reset did not help.

I opened the radio and checked for bad flat cable connections etc. I =
also tried if RX can hear anything when signal is connected to cable =
leaving high pass unit (cable that connects to J3502)... Nothing between =
7.5 and 14.5MHz, elsewhere nice signal.

Any ideas?

73, Marko - AK4XX - OH7KD

multipart/alternative