[Yaesu] Yaesu FT50R Question...

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT50R Question...
From: mlist@shieldip.com (Snow Dog)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:35:55 -0400 (EDT)
Hey Group,

I have a Yaesu FT50R that I haven't used in a about
six months.  The battery for it is now dead, which I
understand happens.

When I connect the rig to power via the battery charger I
am still able to receive, however, whenever I try
to transmit I get a beep error.  (The same beep that
I would get if I was trying to transmit on a frequency
not supported by the rig).

Is this the expected behavior of the unit because the
battery is dead or should it be fully functional when
connected via the battery charger?

I'd like to find out before spending the money on additional
batteries and accessories.

I've emailed Yaesu Technical Support, but have not heard
back from them. Given the extensive, thorough, and detailed support
website that Yaesu has, I am not holding my breath for a response
from their online email address.

Thanks...

SnowDog
mlist@shieldip.com