Re: [Yaesu] ANY good nw Yaesus?

To: Kz2i@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] ANY good nw Yaesus?
From: Phil <phil@kvkantennas.com.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:38:31 +1000
Hi,
Anyone have any thoughts on what a good used ft102 should fetch nodays?
Anyone like to share their observations on how good/bad the ft102 is?
How does it compare with the ft980?
thanks & 73's
from downunder
vk4kvk

Kz2i@aol.com wrote:
> I subscribed to this reflector a long time ago and  have never asked anything
> before.  It seems like there are a lot of  problems with the newer Yaesus.
> Currently, I'm running my late dad's  ft-102.  I pulled it out of the attic
> see if it still worked and have  been using it for about 5 years now as my
> primary rig.  I've been looking  for a moderately priced (less than the cost
> of a
> new car) rig for dxing and  contesting (cw and ssb) and that includes a
> decent 6 meter section.  What  do you guys suggest?  I still have my FT101e
> and
> also had an FT101zd, so I  have some loyalty to the brand (showing my age,
> huh?).
>  Also, have a Icom  735 gathering dust, but after what I went through  with
> their service department, I vowed  never to but another Icom.
>
> Any ideas, guys?
>
> 73 de Steve, KZ2I
> Charlotte,  NC

Thank you.
KVK Antenna Systems
Ph: 3216 8060 Fax: 3216 8075
http://www.kvkantennas.com.au

Disclaimer:
The information in this email and any and all attachments transmitted is
intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review,
re-transmission,
disclosure dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited and may result in severe penalties.  If you are not the intended
recipient any use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
This email is copyright (c) 2006 KVK Antenna Systems.