[Yaesu] Yaesu FT767 questions/opinions

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>, <foxtango@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT767 questions/opinions
From: "John AA5JG" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:00:29 -0500
I have a chance to pick up a Yaesu FT767 which has been recently aligned and
checked out, so it should be good to go.  From those who have used them, I have
a couple of questions:

1. How is the receiver overall?  I realize it probably has some phase noise
being an older synthesized rig, but does it have pretty good strong signal
handling capabilities-like contests and such?

2. What is the NB like in it?  Does it take out line noise and things like that?

3. How does the autotuner do?  Is it like many of the 80s and early 90s
autotuners that will load up about anything, or more like the late 90s to
present autotuners that are pretty crappy and won't load up much of anything?

4. Anything else I should know, good or bad, about the 767? It doesn't have any
modules with it and I probably won't get any either.

73s John AA5JG