Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000 vs. FT-1000D

To: "John Ahlbom" <john.ahlbom@gmail.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000 vs. FT-1000D
From: "Paul Playford" <paul@w8aef.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:04:45 -0700
Be careful with that sub-receiver.  As a for-instance, if you do not have a
filter installed in the sub-receiver 600-Hz BW position, are listening on cw
with the main receiver and do an A>B, your sub receiver audio will go away.

Press SUB, 2.4K (filter) as a check.

And the mix/st/mono switch under the top cover could be in the wrong
position.

Or the RX MIX control could be full ccw.

Or the DUAL button could not be enabled.

All this in a properly operating radio.

The FT-1000D is a great radio but you do have to take some time to learn how
to use it.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2JI/ZF2TA  FO8DX/FO8PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A  VU7RG  TX5C