A local ham has an 897D that won't stay on.
I've not seen the problem, but the story goes: She reached for the rig
and got poked with static electricity. It's believed the spark jumped to
the volume control. IIRC the panel is plastic so would have offered no
protection to that circuitry. The rig is properly grounded...I'm told.
Since then, when she tries to turn on the rig it comes on momentarily
and then goes dark.
My suggestion was at this point to contact Yaesu. At my age I'm out of
doing repair and there are just too many possibilities to guide her over
the 2-meter rig.
Unfortunately she has neither phone nor Internet capability
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Yaesu mailing list