Re: [Yaesu] FT890 strange behavior

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT890 strange behavior
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 23:55:49 -0400

Sounds like common mode RF on the feedline is triggering the over-
voltage protect (crowbar) in the power supply.  Were you on a
different frequency/band than normal?

Best thing you can do is install a common mode choke - see the info
in the first article here: http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/publish.htm
Also read the articles on "Transmitting chokes."

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV