Re: [Amps] DVM recomendation

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] DVM recomendation
From: dj2001@mn.rr.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 07:43:18 -0500
On May 6, 2004, at 6:42 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

On Wed, 05 May 2004 12:41:19 -0400, Gary Schafer wrote:

 Fluke is apparently the Cadillac but expensive. Any suggestions that
 won't break the bank?

 Raid the cookie jar and get a Fluke.  They are expensive, but you'll
 never be sorry you bought the best.

? My ancient Fluke 8020 DMM still works after 20-somethin' years. I recommend buying a Fluke HV multiplier probe for those who work on amplifiers. With a name like "Fluke", you know it has to be pretty good..

  I used to work in the avionics
 industry and we wouldn't use anything else.

 --
 Bill, W6WRT
 QSLs via LoTW

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org

I have a Fluke 77 which has provided reliable service for many years with only one battery change. I also have an old Fluke 8000 series which I purchased at a garage sale for $5. The batteries are still with it and it works just fine. I use it in my shop. We had Flukes at work and they also were trouble free. I don't know how much they cost now, but like everything else I suppose expensive.
Fluke should be a good choice although I'm sure there are others that will fill the bill.

73
Dale, K9VUJ