RFI

[RFI] Garage Door RFI Cures

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Garage Door RFI Cures
From: k9nr@juno.com (Donald L Kerouac) (Donald L Kerouac)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:53:47 +0000
I had severe Garage Door Opener RFI.  I filtered the AC input...no
effect.   When I filtered the "open push butten" lead and the photo cell
leads (the long ones to the bottom of the door) at the opener, no more
problem!   I used brute-force filters right at the opener.  A Radio Shack
100uH choke in series with each lead and .01uF caps across each pair on
both sides of the chokes.
Don...K9NR
k9nr@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html