RFI

[RFI] PC Reboot Problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] PC Reboot Problem
From: Charles T Johnston" <ctj92@primenet.com (Charles T Johnston)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 08:32:17 -0700
It might not be RFI at all but a drop in the line voltage when that blower
comes on.  I have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) on my computer. It
guards against outages but also kicks in or out at dips in the line keeping
the voltage constant to the computer. It also is the best surge protection
one can get.  I would bet your machine reboots because the voltage is
sagging at times.  My UPS is an APC Back Ups Pro 420.  To see several makes
and models of UPS's point your browser to  http://www.powerpros.com    If
this is your problem it is easily and inexpensively fixed by installing a
good UPS.

Charles T Johnston  - AB7SL
ctj92@primenet.com
Charles' Ham Radio Pages