RFI

[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:29:59 -0500

        This makes the most sense to me as well.  As long as the antenna system
is properly grounded (RF & safety-wise) and the shack has a proper single-point
ground system, then messing around at the antenna will probably be a waste of
time.  If the computer is indeed the source of the noise, then kill it there
and be done with it!  The vertical being closer to the source is sure to
pick-up the very local noise of a computer system.  If the yagi was 150'
closer, it too would pick up the noise as well.

        73,
        de ed -K0iL