RFI

[RFI] Noise Canceller vs DSP filter

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise Canceller vs DSP filter
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:14:35 +0000
John,
  Trying to mask the noise with blankers and such will not
solve the problem. That will only be a temporary fix because
the line noise will only get worse until they fix it.
You cannot be dainty with the power company, because they will
delay as long as they can and if you stop complaining, they
will never do it!
  I have had to go to the state public service commission several
time and even went to an administrative law court, but we(they) finally
got it finished...well almost. Still some but for the most part negligible.
You can start by going to the ARRL webpage and printing the letter
to the power companies. It is somewhere on the RFI part.
Send a copy of the letter to the local people in your power company and
reiterate your complaint.
This should make them see that you are serious!
Good luck,
  Tom K5IID