RFI

Re: [RFI] DTV and Powerline RFI

To: LRoeder@NESPOWER.COM
Subject: Re: [RFI] DTV and Powerline RFI
From: "Mark Tyler" <k5gq@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:40:01 GMT
I tried receiving over the air DTV some years ago. System was a backup, would
check the secondary channel for weather.  Signal strength would vary from
acceptable to drop out, just watching it.
Not able to improve condition. Not sure if it was interference, on every
channel or something else.

Mark
K5GQ
Houston,TX
-- where IKE brought down my TH7DXX, AND DTV antenna, tower.

-- "Roeder, Landon" <LRoeder@NESPOWER.COM> wrote:
With the advent of DTV and the impending Feb. 2009 conversion deadline, I
wonder what types of interference will lurk on the horizon.  I realize that
digital comms are a lot less prone to RFI, but I'm curious how strong
interference will manifest itself in DTV.

Any ideas, Mike?

Landon D. Roeder, KC5ACP
Engineer II, Test Section
Nashville Electric Service