RFI

Re: [RFI] DTV and Powerline RFI

To: LRoeder@NESPOWER.COM, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] DTV and Powerline RFI
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:00:56 EDT

RF interference picked up at the receiver front end will result in
pixelation, freezes, or the blue screen of death. I don't have a good feel yet
as to
just how sensitive sets will be to RFI of this sort.  The  "good" news is that
the interferee will probably not know what hit  him.

It is still possible that RFI will occur as audio rectification,  as any
stereo or other device is already prone to. The same measures, i.e.  ferrites
and
the like, will still be the cure for this.

73  -  Jim  Stahl  K8MR

In a message dated 10/6/2008 7:05:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,