RFI

Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:28:21 -0700
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:02:55 -0500, Sam Morgan wrote:

>snapon toroid did *NOT* fix it,

Of course not. No reason why it should. For 30M, a multi-
turn choke on #31 or #43 material is needed. Study

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Over the past few months, I've been gradually adding power
line filters to nearly everyting that's plugged in to the
power line, and my noise level has been gradually dropping.

Power line filters are widely available, sometimes on the
surplus market for only a few bucks. Check out

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/PowerFilters.pdf

73,

Jim Brown K9YC