RFI

Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:44:40 -0400
Hi Jim,

I'll check your info out first chance I get. But..... in my years of
servicing I have seen MOV built into many AC circuits of home electronic
equipment. In fact years ago, I remember one company (Zenith) requesting
them to be installed after repeated failure of one model of their TV that
failed even if it seen lightning on the horizon, the MOV fixed that problem.
Are MOVs not common place with just about all quality switching supplies
these days?

But with the fellow that has the noisy neighbour these little filters might
be just what he needs for the charger in question. I have seen reduced noise
with the Belkin units with RFI ratings (not the generic models). On one of
my own Dynamax chargers I have seen noise from it reduced to a liveable
level, until I had a chance to replace it with a better quality one.

Besides I can't see Belkin setting out to blow up everybody's home theatre
system and computer.

I will check your article,
Eric - VE3GSI