RFI

Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:05:48 -0700
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:44:22 -0400, Eric - VE3GSI wrote:

>The ones I use are by Belkin
>called and 'Surge Master' available at Home Depot here in Canada.

Note that I do NOT recommend MOV surge suppression products, which
is what these devices are. MOVs can be really bad news on branch
circuits, because they can actually CAUSE destructive failures of
interconnected equipment. The only good application for them is as
part of a "whole house" suppression system installed at the service
entrance.  For a technical discussion of this, see the Power and
Groudning tutorial or the RFI tutorial on my website.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC