RFI

Re: [RFI] Need help identifying RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Need help identifying RFI
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:27:10 -0600
no help from my end
but I will be watching this thread closely
I have the same high noise floor problem starting on 160m
continuing at an S9 level down through 20m
only difference is I never have any 'rare breaks' in the noise

I have horizontal and vertical antennas and this is heard on both
maybe an s unit or 2 stronger on the vertical

I have called my power company,
but they will not get to me until after the start of 2011 they say

a friend has driven around the area and found 3 places where,
listening on 40m, the needle pegs in his mobile.
One is around a substation about 300 yards away
another is a power line leaving that same sub station
and headed away from me
and lastly about a block away all around a Sonic Drive in restaurant

guess I have something to look forward to for the new year huh?

GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan