RFI

Re: [RFI] LED Bulbs

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED Bulbs
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:17:25 -0800
: Nothing.  I guess the rules don't provide us any protection from this
junk.

When did this mentality take hold?  We've been protected from interference
since the 1920's.  Does anyone bother to familiarize themselves with the
rules (actually, Code Of Federal Regulations, Telecommunications) any more?

Do you want every POS ever made removed, or just the one, MAYBE two units
you actually hear that is affecting you?

Start with CFR 47, Part 97, so you know who you are and what rights and
privileges your license offers you, then, check out CFR 47, Part 15 and 18
for all the stuff that's not permitted to interfere with you and what steps
everyone else must take to rectify it.  In your research, you will also find
copies of notices referring to interference caused to other, letters of
forfeiture (fines), some in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and even
notices to cease all operation, all due to interference to "amateur" radio.

Kurt