RFI

Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: dj2001x@comcast.net,RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 01:13:26 +0000
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 15:32:30 -0500 "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
writes:
> I'm not sure myself, but I believe the fiber cable is someplace else
> from this street and it's converted in some way from fiber to copper
> phone line then routed to the house or use existing phone wiring.
> But I'm not sure if I have that right.  Maybe someone else has
> better information.

This doesn't directly answer your question Dale, but FWIW....
A friend of mine told me today that AT&T U-verse is distributed
that way near his home.  He says that when he operated QRO
it would greatly affect the U-verse in his neighborhood.  He said
he tried to report the problem to AT&T but "they wouldn't even talk
to him" because he wasn't a U-verse customer.  He realizes that
it's their problem, but has chosen to operate nothing but QRP
just to keep the peace with his neighbors.  (Oh my!)

He has been encouraged to start operating QRO again to
get the neighbors to complain to AT&T.  I hope he'll do that.

73, Charlie, N0TT