RFI

Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: "Rfi@contesting.com List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: CR <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 02:33:31 -0400
In 1997 I did some GR-1089 testing on a pole/messenger wire-mounted VDSL box. My employer dropped the project about the time it was ready to be shipped. I'll say I don't remember any Part 15 "overages" with it -- but that's not saying much.

1,1 MHz ADSL was supported to reach 17,000 feet, but the version we were testing back then (carrierless AM) was exceptionally susceptible to interference at longer reach; there was only about 2 uV of difference between adjacent bits in its data constellation at the receiver.

I was working on that with a vendor-donated ADSL receiver one day, and had added a CM filter to the DC power on the board when it caught fire in my hand. Happy days.

Heh.

Cortland
KA5S