RFI

Re: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?

To: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?
From: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 03:19:01 -0500
Avoid the Kidde carbon monoxide alarm, wired model.  I tried one and the only
way I could operate without it going off was to plug the Kidde into an
extension cord and wrap the extension cord several turns in a #31 mix choke.  I
contacted Kidde and they said there is nothing they can do about it and sent me
another wired model, so I have two defunct detectors.  I went to a HD and
bought two battery operated models and they run fine, they aren't very
expensive.  We had the house re-sided last year and a building code requires
monoxide alarms when new siding is installed.

Buy a battery operated detector and they should be fine, the batteries last
quite a long time.

Dale, k9vuj