RFI

[RFI] Answer from FCC - Pharmacy Sign noise.

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Answer from FCC - Pharmacy Sign noise.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:00:53 -0800
Well, I am more than a little surprised: after writing out a formal complaint
on
the FCC's website, then calling our "local" (Seattle) Field Office this
morning,
I got a telephone call from that Field Office scarcely an hour later.

The young man is not only an EE, but also a ham.

He is the only one in the office (!), and has to cover all of northern Idaho,
western Montana, and all of Washington, at least.

He was very chatty, very well-informed, very knowledgeable, and very willing
to help.

I am very pleased. He asked me to send him exact details of the time that
the Avista Utilities man worked with me to identify the source (which I can
and will do asap) and he would not only make a telephone call, but also write
a warning letter to the Supermarket/Pharmacy which is emitting the noise.

I am very pleased.

I thought the forum should know that working with the FCC IS a valuable and
worthwhile resource. They are obviously very "under-manned" but they will
help.

vy 73,

Ken W7EKB