RFI

Re: [RFI] LED lighting

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lighting
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:54:35 -0400
Roger, not sure what you were using for a detection system but most double walled shielded enclosures (i.e., Lindgren etc) provide around 120-140 dB S.E. to E-fields. Less as they got older. If you had a 10W RF source outside of the enclosure (call it +40 dBm) you would have roughly a -100 dBm signal inside, which even a mediocre detection system or S.A. could easily detect. Like yourself, I used to live inside various shielded enclosures and buildings from different manufactures for a living as I was a tempest engineer for over 30 years.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....