RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI, Florescent Lights and LEDs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI, Florescent Lights and LEDs
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 14:34:25 -0700
I started replacing our CFLs and other lights in our home with LEDs some time
ago. The
overall noise level DROPPED when I had replaced about half of those here.

I have the old standard flourescent lights in my shack, but have had minimal
noise from
those. However, they are quite old and have the older linear type ballasts in
them.

I recently went down to the local hardware store to try to buy some replacement
lamps for
those, and found that they are no longer being made.

In the very near future, when I have to replace the F-20-T-12 lamps here, which
I can no
longer get, I'll switch over to the LED types.

Ken W7EKB