RFI

Re: [RFI] Quiet Power Supply?

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Quiet Power Supply?
From: WD8ARZ <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:22:37 -0400
From about a year ago on this same topic.
73 from Bill - WD8ARZ

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [RFI] DC Power supplies
Date:   Wed, 4 May 2016 17:14:27 -0400
From:   WD8ARZ <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com>
To:     rfi@contesting.com

AC switching type power supplies tend to be very rfi noisy. Transformer

type power supplies dont use the the dc to ac to dc switching that
generate that RFI ....  and should be quieter power supplies. They are
heavier, with line isolation in most cases, and worth the extra expense
and weight. Another bad trait for those switching power supplies is that
there is generally not a true physical break the utility power feed
switch. Instead they just disable the output and leave the switching
circuits active and thus are RFI sources as long as they are plugged in.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
South Bend, Indiana