RFI

Re: [RFI] FW: Quiet Switching Power Supply?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: Quiet Switching Power Supply?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 10:40:57 -0700
On Thu,8/4/2016 9:52 AM, Paul Christensen wrote:
You still have not indicated HOW you achieve balance.  We all know balance
is needed.  Tell us exactly how you do it and check for it and ensure
balance exists across the bands of operation.

You're asking the right questions, Paul. And balance is determined by the entire antenna system, not only the feedline and the transmitter (tuner). Most REAL antennas are unbalanced by their surroundings, and most REAL parallel-wire feedlines are unbalanced by their surroundings -- we have to get them through walls, for example.

There's also the matter of CAPACITIVE coupling through a transformer, which also couples noise across the transformer.

73, Jim K9YC