RFI

Re: [RFI] Smoothfitness 6.25 Treadmill RFI

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Smoothfitness 6.25 Treadmill RFI
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 09:14:41 -0700
Thanks, Lionel. Great work! Some questions about details of your installation. Is the green wire bonded to the metal enclosure of the treadmill at the point that it leaves the treadmill? Is it bonded at all? How long is the AC cable between the treadmill and the filter?

Something else I'd like to know. If you used only the ferrite choke (no line filter), what were the noise level readings? What I'm trying to learn is the effectiveness of the choke only, and also how much the Delta filter adds to the solution.

And a comment. The ferrite choke is pretty small for 80 and 160M -- I'd like to see at least 14 turns, and 16 would be better. Depending on wire size, that may not be possible, in which case I would add a second core.

73, Jim K9YC