RFI

[RFI] weird noise "waves" 60 khz Apaert

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] weird noise "waves" 60 khz Apaert
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 21:15:03 -0400
Today, for the first time, I looked at the bands on the bandscope of my RTTY Skimmer Server. To my surprise, the background noise level shows very pronounced maxima every 60 *Kilo*hertx, with a notch next to each maximum. I'm trying to get a screenshot to post, but my Skimmer PC just died. In the meantime, does this ring any bells with anyone.

These are not discrete peaks - more like parabolic shapes repeating every 60 KHz, but with significant energy on the upslopes.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at