RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI turn out to be a New Solar Panel installed on Roof of Gara

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI turn out to be a New Solar Panel installed on Roof of Garage 700 feet away from my QTH
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:57:16 -0800
Yes. There are two major noise sources within solar installations. One is the charge regulator, which makes noise only when the sun is shining. The other is the inverter(s) which make noise when converting the DC battery voltage to 120 or 240VAC.

Yes, it certainly could be grow lights. As others have advised, make sure to get your facts straight before going to an agency for help. At this point, you MAY have identified the house, or maybe not.

There's a tutorial on my website about finding and killing RF noise sources that ran in NCJ (National Contest Journal) last year. There's also an accompanying slide show for a talk I've done at Pacificon and for some ham clubs. k9yc.com/publish.htm

73, Jim K9YC