RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack
From: Joe <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 13:59:35 -0800
Thanks Jim..

I'll read through where you suggested I read and see where I can improve my
system.

One thing you said, that I haven't done, and will, is to have a common ground
for the home theater systems.  Gonna be tough for the home theater room, it is
upstairs and 150 feet away from the grounding pedestal.  One saving grace:  I
have no RF activity into the subs with the L7, only the Henry.

One thing I *did* do on both theater systems, was to use Cat 6 for the speaker
wiring.  I forget where I heard to do that, I think it was on one of my home
theater groups.

As for your '2 line' mode being bad, I assume [  J  ] you are speaking of twin
lead fed OCFD's.  No issues there, I use coax as a feed, not twin lead.  Twin
lead will not survive 100 mph winds, which are common at my location.

OK, off to do some reading!

Many thanks Jim.  I will keep you posted on anything I read, that makes sense
as it pertains to my system(s), that I will have implemented.

Joe – W7RKN