RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 16:34:15 -0800
I'm with Jim here...  This is a recipe for RFI...

If it were me, I would replace the OCF dipole with almost anything else, especially if you are running power. That type of antenna causes more RFI issues than almost any other type of antenna, save an end fed...

You made a comment about needing the power to get out, that might indicate an antenna issue, so maybe replacing the OCF with a good vertical and a decent radial field, or a dipole, up as high as possible, is in order here...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net