RFI

Re: [RFI] AT&T Begins Testing High-Speed Internet Over Power Lines

To: sparkie001@pobox.com, rfi@contesting.com, KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] AT&T Begins Testing High-Speed Internet Over Power Lines
From: MICHAEL ST ANGELO <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:33:05 -0500 (EST)
By High Frequency they probably mean Millimeter wave.

AT&T has a project AirGig. It should not affect our HF frequencies.

Ironically, the HF frequencies (3-30 Mhz) are used for commercial, public
service and military communications on a secondary basis so the pressure to
take them away from the Amateur Radio Service is diminished. The downside of
this is that the FCC and it's counterparts in other countries will do little to
mitigate RF interference since it does not affect those services.

Mike N2MS