RFI

Re: [RFI] AT&T Begins Testing High-Speed Internet Over Power Lines

To: qrv@kd4e.com, rfi@contesting.com, n6ca.chip@gmail.com, n6ed@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] AT&T Begins Testing High-Speed Internet Over Power Lines
From: Michael Aust <ava622@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 01:40:33 -0500
Did some serious research, This RFI group has it all wrong, it's not HF HAM
Bands !

The Author from REUTERS is full of it, FAKE NEWS , it is not HF HAM Amateur
Radio frequencies
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-at-t-internet/att-begins-testing-high-speed-internet-over-power-lines

Power Companies right now are using 900MHz for Billing and this is just an
extension of Wi-Fi Technology Powered by OverHead Lines
where the ISP will need the cooperation of a Power Company to deploy Wi-Fi
units 2.4GHz & 5GHz on Power Poles

They are using this approach, looks more like 2.4GHz/5GHz Mini-Wi hot spots
powered by overhead Power Lines to get to
Rural Places that do not have Cable/Fiber/etc

Probably using Microwave and not HF 1.6MHz -30MHz that was tried before at HF
frequencies

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/01/att-teams-with-power-companies-to-trial-broadband-over-power-lines/

Does not look like HF Bands to me !!!!!

Mike