RFI

Re: [RFI] AT&T Begins Testing High-Speed Internet Over Power Lines

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] AT&T Begins Testing High-Speed Internet Over Power Lines
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 23:47:48 -0500
I heard them talking about this on the radio today.

They specifically referred to "clamping on the existing
power lines".

The whole idea is to leverage the existing infrastructure.

Of course, when the grid goes down it will take this with it.

They also mentioned that it had been tried before but that
they "Had it right this time".

We need to know the frequencies they'll inject, the filtering
of every device they will use/allow (including cheap Chinese
devices the FCC/FTC allows to be imported), and how quickly
and effectively will be remediation of interference.

We need to put our elected officials on notice that we will
hold them accountable if they allow this to interfere with
emergency communications and other legal uses of spectrum.

We will follow the money to know who is selling US out.

Some dope who wants to watch idiotic movies via the internet
is not a good reason to splatter RFI across America.

If it's as bad as the previous efforts it may as well become
known as "ATT's EMP".

KD4E

This from the ATT press release scares me...

“We think this product is eventually one that could actually serve anywhere near a power line,” said Marachel Knight, AT&T’s senior vice president of wireless network architecture and design, in an interview."

"near the power line" not via the power line...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net