RFI

Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 17:32:28 -0800
TJ Simpson at Solar Edge tells me the new optimizers use spread spectrum
modulation to reduce the 200 kHz interference that I am experiencing. In
January, he is coming to install those next door. The wiring has already been
rerouted and ferrites installed on a previous service call, but that didn’t
reduce the 200 kHz carrier amplitudes here. So we’ll see what the new
optimizers do. Thankfully the system is otherwise very quiet. I did a careful
walk-around with my DFing gear and indeed the main inverter is very quiet. Only
the carriers from their optimizer telemetry cause me any problems.

I must commend SolarEdge on their ongoing interest in solving my RFI issues.
They are not super fast, but they work is getting done and I have a
knowledgeable human being to work with.  No lawyers required.

Gary Johnson NA6O
gwj@wb9jps.com