RFI

Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics
From: Gary K9GS <k9gs@gjschwartz.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 09:10:08 -0600
Date: 3/4/20  8:57 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com> Subject: Re:
[RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics My city is in the process of converting
over to LED street lamps fromthe gas/vapor lamps that require h.v. to fire.
These lamps are anuisance because when they start to fail, they cycle off and
re-fireuntil they lose voltage, go dark and re-fire and this continues
untilthey completely fail or someone calls in the lamp to the
electricaldepartment and they come out and fix it.   Upon gas ignition,
there'sa brief burst of RFI.  I'm looking forward to the LEDs because I
hopethis sort of failure won't happen.  I went out to one the the LEDlight
poles a few months ago with a Grundig Yachtboy shortwave rx andtuned from
medium wave up through 20 meters while standing right underthe lamp and I heard
zero RFI so I relaxed about it here, but I haveno idea if they were Lumenistics
or something else.73RobK5UJ_______________________________________________RFI