RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters
From: Gary <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 00:38:28 +0000
Jim,

        I have read your materials -- and have used lots of type 31 material
around here choking the common mode.  I hadn't really checked 20 meters, until
it soaked into my thick skull I may wind up doing Field Day from my home.

        I work shifts and get to check the radio at all hours, the noise is
always there. My friend k0shd has agreed to lend me his SDR when he comes back
to town. I am building a loop tonight to use with the portable shortwave radio
I borrowed to narrow down either the offending house or utility box tomorrow. I
will post waterfall information when I get it.

Thanks to all of you guys for the help! 73,
Gary "Joe", kk0sd