RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 19:54:45 -0700
On 5/23/2020 7:31 PM, K9MA wrote:
The next time I went back there, the tracker pointed to a power pole across the street from her house, and has ever since. All I can figure is that there might have been multiple sources which added up in such a way as to make it look like it was coming from that house.

So now I'm back to doing battle with the power company.

Scott,

Have you done what Dave and I have both suggested and looked at it on the waterfall of a good receiver? My troubleshooting guide shows how to distinguish between power line noise and electronic noise. Have you followed Dave's excellent advice about using a very long, very slow waterfall to see when various noise sources start and stop?

73, Jim K9YC