RFI

[RFI] Report on 12V 750W server supplies

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Report on 12V 750W server supplies
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 14:49:39 -0700
Articles are floating around regarding ham applications of used 12V 62.5A
servers power supplies. They’re certainly cheap enough, under $15 on ebay, and
have very good build quality and certifications. A friend loaned me one and I
did a formal RFI test on it. Pretty darned quiet and it passed all my tests.
Output is fixed right at 12V but there are notes on the web about how to change
an internal feedback resistor to tweak that up a bit. If nothing else it could
make a good utility supply. Might want downstream fuses on this baby...

http://wb9jps.com/Gary_Johnson/RFI_files/HP_DPS-750AB-3A_12V_750W.pdf

73,
Gary NA6O