RFI

Re: [RFI] Report on 12V 750W server supplies

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Report on 12V 750W server supplies
From: D C _Mac_ Macdonald <k2gkk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:05:06 +0000
What is the output current rating?

73 de Mac, K2GKK/5
Since 30 Nov 1953
Oklahoma City, OK
USAF, Retired ('61-'81)
FAA, Retired ('94-'10)

________________________________
From: RFI <rfi-bounces+k2gkk=hotmail.com@contesting.com> on behalf of Brian
Moran via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 10:58
To: rfi@contesting.com <rfi@contesting.com>; Jim Brown
<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>

I recently purchased the DPS-750RB A model, which is also shown as a
HSTNS-PD18. Using the instructions on YouTube, I easily changed the voltage to
13.9v. I haven't had time to look for RFI using an SDR, and certainly won't
have as extensive a test setup as Gary does.

I did not try to adjust higher than 14v, though that might be a good
experiment. If I had any confidence I wouldn't damage something by doing so,
I'd be willing to try higher voltages :-)

-Brian N9ADG

    On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 10:41:17 PM PDT, Jim Brown
<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 6/4/2020 2:49 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
> Output is fixed right at 12V but there are notes on the web about how to
> change an internal feedback resistor to tweak that up a bit.

Thanks Gary. Do you know how high V+ can be set? Some radios, notably
Elecraft rigs, have lower IMD at higher supply voltages, with 15V max.

73, Jim K9YC